- I am going to stop the constant "why why why" in my head. It sounds too much like whining and it is wasting my time and energy. I am not accomplishing what I would like to do - which is write.
- I am going to be truly honest with myself. I am going to step back from the middle of that swirl and take a deep breath. I value honestly almost above all else, so if I can't be honest with myself then how can I be honest with other people?
- I am going to allow myself to really feel the emotions that are bouncing around so I can understand them better than just reacting to the effects.
- I am going to discover the roots of the spewing rupture in my mind, find out just where the break or crack is and why it has the ability to flood the theater of my mind and take all the enjoyment from my life. Journaling helps with this and also I am giving myself some cues to be able to step back from a reaction to look at it.
- I am going to stop letting my emotions and turmoil direct the movie of my life. Are they even registered with the Guild for that? I am the director of this movie and They are going to go to boot camp. I am not a victim of my circumstances or events, I will not be pushed around.
- I am going to doube and criticize the validity of these kamakaze thoughts and moods. Are they truth? When shown in the light do they shine with truth or do they just puff out like smoky shadows?
Who else out there struggles with insecurity in their craft? What do you do when you are facing a dark time? What helps you get out of it? I am always up for ideas.