Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ponderings and Whimsy

So here it is, November is half over and I have a whopping 2000 words done for Nanowrimo. It isn't that I haven't tried just everything decided it was going to take center stage and tapdance my dream to oblivion. Now granted I could get a total writer streak going and bang something out in the time that is left - OR - I could take a step back, re-evaluate some things and regroup for next year. Don't get me wrong, I have a beginning of a story series that I will work on but I am not sure I am going to push for the Nanowrimo. Now some may say, but Crystal quitters never win - and I would agree, but there is also that other wise saying - get out while you are still sane and live to fight another day. And that is what I am basically planning to do, live to write another day. Because realistically looking at it, I am stuck with the story that I have been working on. I have other stories banging on the door in my head for their turn and also I am trying to establish routines for not only normal living but also writing life. This blog was supposed to be one of them and you see just how well I keep up with writing on that daily. Which brings up another point - my life is not exciting, or at least it isn't awe-inspiring to me so I can't really see why anyone would want to read about what is going on in it daily.

Now granted I could write about the small collection of pets that we own - 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, 2 boa constrictors, 2 turtles, 2 Bearded Dragons, 9 ball pythons, 1 Tegu lizard, 1 corn snake and 1 cat. I won't even mention the rats because they are food for the snakes - although there are 2 that are sentimental favorites in the bunch that will probably be spared. I could write about my 2 wacky kids or my lovable but yet goofy husband (I think it is in the rule book somewhere that husbands must be this because all the women I know complain about this very feature in their husbands as well - lovingly complain I might add, because let's just be honest them making us laugh keeps us younger). I could expound on the head-banging, wall-climbing frustration and boredom that encompasses my mind at times when I try to find a job and it just isn't going anywhere. This in turn doesn't help my writing on any of my stories because negative energy tends to kill creative thoughts. Not to mention it makes dealing with mental illness a bit harder.

I do want to thank my friends though, those friends that are dear and have stuck by us during these really crappy times. I thank God every day for you and appreciate you more than you could ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment