Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Joy to the World? Eh, maybe not

I have been the wayward child, I have acted out
I have questioned Sovereignty, And had my share of doubt
And though sometimes my prayers feel like, They're bouncing off the sky
The hand I hold won't let me go, And is the reason why...

I will stumble, I will fall down
But I will not be moved
I will make mistakes, I will face heartache
But I will not be moved
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
I will not be moved

Bitterness has plagued my heart, Many times before
My life has been like broken glass, And I have kept the score
Of all my shattered dreams and though it seemed
That I was far too gone,, My brokenness helped me to see
It's grace I'm standing on
~Natalie Grant, I Will Not Be Moved

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God’s decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

~Romans 1:18-32 The Holy Bible : English Standard Version.


Whatever we worship, short of God, is sure to be our undoing. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


Ah Christmas time in America, such joy and cheer and jubulation. Wait, that ISN'T what you have been getting on your nightly news? Come to think of it, it hasn't been on mine either, hmmm. No, there has been much bickering, finger pointing and hate-mongering going on during the time of the season where love and peace is supposed to reign. And I almost am ashamed to say that a lot of the fear mongering is being promoted by the christian community. I mean, come on, did you forget who your commander in chief was? So what if the gay community "wins" the "right" to be legally married. It is just a piece of paper in this world. Do you really think it is going to bypass God's sovereignty? That they are going to be able to march up to the pearly gates and thumb their nose at him and go "nah nah we got you?" Really? They are saying that it is going to debase the sanctity of marriage. Seriously? Oh I think the cheating, physical, emotional, mental and substance abuse that leads up to the, what 95% divorce rate covers that. Do I think is wrong, heck yes I do! But God granted free will and who am I to try and prevent what he allows? I am not God. And you know what? He allows punishment for going against what is good and just and his will. DUH. So let them have their moment in the sun, let them find out the grass isn't greener. Besides, this all happened before anyway - read your history book, the bible. Everything that has ever happened is in there - it is a great read, you should try it some time. I mean granted, the bad guys keep getting more clever as time goes by but still you learn new stuff every time you read it. Personally I almost wish this world would go to hell in hand basket, it would mean he is coming soon and I could go home and everything would be heavenly - literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment