Thursday, December 10, 2009

The World or God - is there really a choice?

Let not your heart envy sinners, but continue in the fear of the Lord all the day.
Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off.
~ Proverbs 23:17-18 The Holy Bible : English Standard Version.

Be careful little eyes what you see, It's the second glance that ties your hands
As darkness pulls the strings

Be careful little feet where you go, For it's the little feet behind you
That are sure to follow

Be careful little ears what you hear, When flattering leads to compromises
The end is always near

Be careful little lips what you say, For empty words and promises
Leave broken hearts astray

The journey from your mind to your hands, Is shorter than you're thinking
Be careful if you think you stand, You just might be sinking

And thoughts invade, choices are made
A price will be paid
When you give yourself away, People never crumble in a day

It's a slow fade, When you give yourself away
It's a slow fade, When black and white are turned to gray

~ Casting Crowns - Slow Fade

We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting how much blood it cost to establish the Bill of Rights. ~Felix Frankfurter

I used to joke that I was "banned" from watching news because it would drive me nuts. The onslaught of negativity that vomits continualy from the boob tube was disgusting. It got even worse during the election year with the adoration of Obama and I am not even going to say how it has been since he has been president - and no, I am not a fan. I am proud to say I voted for the other guy and that I CHOOSE to turn the channel when the news comes on and they continually spout negativity and drone on about information that is not uplifting or encouraging. I don't care about Tiger Wood's problems and I have already heard the weather report so I can change the channel now, thank you very much.

I can't say that my religious devotionals are all that much more uplifting at times either - everyone seems to be in panic mode that we are going to collapse and fall into ruin and be the devil's playthings. This brings me to a bit of eye rolling because I go to my bible and check my facts and it says right there in black and white that Satan can't touch me because God protects me. I mean, yeah, I could die and that would suck but in a way it wouldn't because then I would be with God and that would rock. I wouldn't hurt anymore, my suffering would be over, the mental torture that I go through almost daily would be gone. I don't know about you but that would be a blessing. If a civil war broke out tomorrow and my family perished and we went to be with God do you really think I would complain? Not likely. And those who have been saved shouldn't worry about themselves either because they are covered and they should know that and not fear but they are acting like scared rabbits.

I have found that I have found that a lot of my mental grief has dropped away as I stopped worrying about what the world worries about and looked at God. This world can go away, He has me and it is all good. I mean yes, I love my husband and my kids, I am not selfish like that. But if God called me home I am not stupid enough to say no. I will know that my purpose here was done and it was time to go home. So as the Christmas season starts to ramp up lets try to remember the words the angels told the shepherds that blessed night and the same words Jesus said many times to his disciples when they showed fear in troubled times.

Do not Fear, I am With You.




No comments:

Post a Comment